f. Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change (2009-2015), Hellenic Republic
// Short bio
Dr. Eng. Yannis Maniatis is a Rural and Surveying Engineer (National Technical University of Athens). He was an Assoc. Professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and since 2002 is Assoc. Professor at the University of Piraeus. Visiting Professor at the Institute of Economic Geography, University of Bonn. Director of the MSc “Climate Crisis and Information and Communication Technologies” Director of the “Environmental and Energy Policies and Systems” Laboratory.
Political and Social
- Dr. Maniatis was elected as a Member of the Greek Parliament during the elections 2004 - 2019. He was appointed:
- Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change (2009 - 2015)
- Secretary General of the Ministry of Transport and Communications (1998 - 2001)
His main academic fields, courses and research activities, include:
1. Geographic Information Systems (G.I.S.) and Remote Sensing,
2. Energy and Transportation Policies and Systems,
3. Environmental Management and Climate Change
4. Natural Resources and Sustainable Development
5. EU Structural Policies and Land Uses
6. Innovation Management and Digital Entrepreneurship
7. Systems and Policies of Smart Energy, Digital Agriculture, Smart Cities
Dr. Maniatis has participated with more than two hundred (200) scientific papers and lectures in international congresses and scientific magazines.
1. Maniatis, Y. (2020). “Green Development: the Answer to Climate Crisis”, diaNEOsis Eds, Athens
2. Maniatis, Υ. (2016). “Structural Reforms and Progressive Patriotism”, Papazisis Eds, Athens.
3. Maniatis, Υ. (2012). “Energy and Natural Resources: National Pillars for Development”, Livanis Eds, Athens.
4. Maniatis, Υ. (2009). “The Challenge of Green Development”, Livanis Eds, Athens.
5. Maniatis, Υ. (1993). “Geographic Information Systems and Environmental Monitoring”, Ziti Eds, Thessaloniki.